Saturday, June 28, 2014

DIY: Natural Face Mask

I'm a huge fan of natural beauty products!

Wherever I can, I try to incorporate items from my kitchen into my beauty cabinet.

My skin has a tendency to freak out (ie. break out) when I use too many new products, especially those with heavy fragrance and colour, so it's handy to have a natural solution when I know my skin needs a treatment, but I don't think it can handle anything too intense!


So, this is my tried and true, all natural go-to mask. It works like a charm when my skin is looking dull or seems to be breaking out a lot.


This is enough for one mask

HOW to make it:

I just kind of eyeball the measurements, but it's about:

- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of oats (which I blend up first just because it's easier to mix - you can leave them whole if you want)
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg

I mix all of the ingredients together into a paste, dampen my already cleansed face and massage it on in a gentle circular motion.

I let it sit for about 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.

I usually do this before bed, and apply my nighttime moisturizer afterwards.

This is one of my all time FAVOURITE masks, and here's a breakdown of why it's the bomb!


 Honey
- is ANTIBACTERIAL - helps fight breakouts & acne
- has lots of ANTIOXIDANTS, so is great for slowing down the signs of aging
- is MOISTURIZING and helps give a GLOW to the skin (yes please)!


Oats
- are a natural CLEANSER
- help SOFTEN the skin
- naturally EXFOLIATE as you rub on to the skin
- help reduce REDNESS & IRRITATION of sensitive skin


Nutmeg

- helps fight BLACKHEADS & reduce the appearance of ACNE SCARS

Need I say more?

Nothing like chunks of oats on your face to make you feel glamorous!

Immediately after doing this mask I always notice a difference in the texture of my skin. My face instantly feels softer, plumper, more hydrated & looks healthier!

Give it a try and let me know what you think!!

Till next time, keep shining!

xo Kelly

No comments: